The Ohio Challenge Balloon Festival will include outdoor concerts, food & drink vendors, arts & crafts and carnival rides.
The festival is open 4pm to 10:30pm Friday, July 19th and Saturday, July 20th.
Admission: walk-in is $5 per adult, 13 and up. 12 and under are free. Parking is $15 w/ free shuttle and admission for all in the car.
Festival events include:
Hot Air Balloon Challenge
- The Ohio Challenge is a sanctioned hot air balloon competition. This year 30 participants will race to win the coveted Ohio Challenge Trophy and a bid to attend the Nationals.
- The car show will be Saturday, July 20th, from 4pm to 8pm. Registration is from 2pm to 4pm. The cost for registration is $15. Dash Plaques are guaranteed to the first 100. Top 30 awards plus best of show, sponsor’s choice, Warrior’s choice, and SELECTiON.COM® choice.
Night Balloon Glow
- A fan favorite, the night balloon glow is a magical display that families look forward to every year. This year’s balloon glows will be July 19th and 20th at dusk.
Tethered Balloon Rides
- Gentle Breeze will be onsite offering tethered balloon rides.
- This year’s fireworks are sponsored by Start Skydiving. They will start around 9:45pm on Saturday, July 20th. There will also be fireworks Friday night.
Bella Balloons-Balloon Rides
- If you are interested in taking a hot air balloon ride during the event, contact Bella Balloons for a once in a lifetime experience!
Goodfolk & O’Tymes Biplane Rides
- Dayton, Columbus, and Cincinnati’s only antique open cockpit biplane ride business. Enjoy a sightseeing open airplane ride over the Ohio country side.
Location: Smith Park. Middletown, Ohio